As an avid sports fan, I enjoy the intense level of competition, the skillful orchestra of talents and the loud impact of a crowd. And being able to identify myself with such elements allow me to experience sports into a whole other level. I give the game it’s full glory.
As I become a part of the game. the game becomes a part of me.
I may not compete in a professional level but there’s little athlete spirit in me that yearns contentious encounters; thriving to win. But being both a competitor and an enthusiast, the outcome of the game either give’s me one of the two: a quick heartbeat or an idle heartache.
This is ‘The Primrose And Pains Of A Sports Fan‘.
- When the team you’re rooting for wins. Any statement against the fact is invalid.*A royal flush to the face of haters.
- On the flip-side, and the team falls otherwise. Be prepared to be verbally assaulted also, have your mother shamed.
- The Gods of Sports are bipolar. They can turn the basket into a pool-sized hoop.
- They can also transform the ball into a giant whale. And you cannot question there judgement.
- Players overcome injuries. Do everything in one foot.
- Players can lose a foot. And some few teeth.
- Comeback wins. Classic underdog stuff.
- Trashing. Humiliation of the highest degree.
- A win set in stone. Watched just to witness excellence.
- A win set in coins. Watched referees/judges get paid.
- Scores from on-call wagers
- Loses gas money on Sports Select.
- Wings and beer.
- Too many wings and beer.
Shout out to LBJ and the whole Miami Heat organization. Expect a miscall from The King all of you naysayers.
*A championship weighs heavier than a single win, a rival win, or any individual accolade.
PS- Manny ‘Pacman’ Pacquiao, robbed. I’m still not over that.
SONGOFTHEMOMENT: Touch the Sky by Kanye West Vs. The XX (Carlos Serrano Mix)